Thursday, March 5, 2015

Organizing instead of Sewing

Yes, well...I would rather sew...but I am straightening up around here so I thought I would share the view behind the curtain...
This is the picture I showed last post of my design wall with Lorna's sweet Elephant Parade taking shape.

Well, here is the closet of mess behind that design wall...
 Maybe since I have posted it, it will shame me to clean it up, lol!!

I now have a carrot that has been offered to me to entice me to finish my work.   I ordered and received this new little beauty for my WIPs...
 Yep...I already loaded up the Snapshots WIP  :)

I am spending today sorting small scraps, how small do you keep them anyway??

This is where I am at so far...
 I bought this cute little trashcan...
 With a removable liner and dumped in a large pile of scrappy stuff...
 Then I have been pulling from this and cutting squares and strips and throwing them in silverware organizer trays...
I'll admit that I am getting tired of sorting and probably need to do this in stages.  Some of these ideas came from Lori Holt at Bee in My Bonnet.

7 comments:

Sewgirl said...

Ah, cleaning the sewing room...such fun. I like to take a bag of scraps each time I visit my mother to work on a little at a time. I had let them accumulate so bad, that I still have about 2-3 large bags to go through. If you go to Bonnie Hunters website you will find her "scrap savers storage" suggestions. I now have a baggie of 1 1/2 squares that will turn into something fun one of these days...I know it's insane to keep such a small bit, but that's how I was raised!

Jeanie said...

Gee, you already look pretty organized to me. ;) Love your little Ikea cart...gotta get me one!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love that little cart from Ikea I keep thinking I want one, then I think....no I will just fill it with stuff too. But love your utensil drawer idea for separating scraps while you are sorting or cutting them. I have them piled in a box lid right now. About ever 2 weeks I separate them into their respective bins.

Linda said...

I have that cart on my list for our next trip to Ikea! Can't wait till the new store opens in Columbus. Almost everything in my new sewing room is from Ikea. Good job sorting your scraps. Mine are out of control!

Rebecca said...

Your closet mess picture behind the design wall looks pretty darn organized to me!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Wow!! It all looks very organised to me already. I LOVE the colour of your new WIP storage. I usually just keep my scraps inside my fat quarter pieces. That way when I pull out the colour the scraps are already there ready for me to start cutting and sewing.

-Soma

Carol Swift said...

Looking so organized! I need you to come to my house and work on my room!