Monday, March 16, 2015

A Bit of This, a Bit of That

I did a bit of sewing this weekend in between enjoying the sun and temps in the 50's...most of our snow is gone but we still have a few piles laying about...today is supposed to be *gasp* 68...


 These are wool applique blocks and are part of Buttermilk Basin's free BOM Mystery QAL found here.
 My son built a huge snowman back in February, so much heavy lifting he seems to have misplaced his coat???  When asked, he told me that coats were for the weak.  Really??!!
 This is the poor guy now...appears that he is surrendering to the warmer temperatures and looks like he is in a holdup...and that carrot...ummmm...yeah...sorry, it's pretty gross!
 I finally got started on my Have a Little Faith QAL blocks...I was stalled out for awhile trying to decide what color combo to use.  I decided to go with yellow golds and greys which is a favorite combo for me and very stash-busting friendly.
The patterns for these can be found at Stitchin' Tree Quilts.

5 comments:

Patty said...

What great blocks. Gotta love that snowman though..... how fun to have a before and after photo!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Didn't you know that coats were for sissies? When we had the -teen temps there were some kids at the high school that would run around in short sleeves or sleeveless shirts. Cute blocks and love the colors you are using.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love all your this and thats.....and the bit of snowman that's left....:))

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I love the grey and yellow combination too. Very pretty blocks and that is one huge snowman!!!

-Soma

Linda said...

Love that snowman and your blocks are lovely.