Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Elephant Parade Finished!

I am so happy to say that I finished the quilting on my small Elephant Parade quilt this afternoon.  You can find the pattern at Lorna's blog Sew Fresh Quilts here.

 I used a common for me technique of organic straight line quilting and I like to think it reminds one of the lined school paper that I used to draw Ed Emberley animals on as a kid.
 This is a shot as I worked on the final lines of quilting...

 For the backing I chose a Saggy Baggy Elephant Golden Book print...
 Detail shot of the wonky frog...just as I would have drawn him years ago...
Anyone who knows me is aware I sneak this dictionary print into most of my projects...her ear now has the definition of patchwork :)

This is a picture of the top yesterday when the wind was calmer...pictures are difficult again today as it is very windy...but look...no snow :)

Thanks again Lorna for such a fun pattern and great diversion in the last weeks of winter!!

Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts.

18 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You've made your very own Elephant Walk quilt. I love it Kris.

Jeanie said...

Great finish, Kris! I just love all of the elements of this quilt, including your quilting lines. Great job!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Simply adorable! blessings, marlene

Lorna McMahon said...

I am in LOVE.... The addition of that text print in her ear.... The straight line quilting and how it is reminiscent of lined paper..... The wonky frog... And the saggy baggy elephant backing... It all works so perfectly together for a beautiful finish! Thanks so much for quilting along, Kris!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

your quilt is stunning Kris!!! I love the colours

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I think Lorna summed it up perfectly. What a special quilt. You did a great job.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I looks great. I love the backing fabric!!!

Sheila said...

Your quilt is beautiful and quilting is just perfect!

Patty said...

it came out fabulous!!! I still love your frog and what great backing fabric. I still need to make my flowers. (if only my day job would stop getting in the way!)

Unknown said...

Ohh... WOW! You have finished the Elephant quilt! I love your work - looks fantastic!

charlotte said...

Love your elephants. This is just the cutest quilt. So many variations, they are all unique.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love your elephant quilt with all the extra bright frog, turtle etc. blocks inserted. Especially love the backing print. We still have that 'golden' book. It is quite tattered, but it is still from my childhood days - many moons ago now :)!!

Linda said...

Great job Kris! I am going to try the straight line quilting on my frame. I love the look. I had to buy some grays for my elephants this week. Can't wait to start it.

Aunt 'Reen said...

I LOVE your finished quilt!
Awesome that you found the perfect backing fabric too!
Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

You are done!! Looks fantastic, Kris!! I love the horizontal straight line quilting. I am thinking of using it on a quilt I am currently working on for the same reason, it looks like a lined notebook :)

-Soma

Carol Swift said...

I love the blues and quilting on this one! At least your turtle doesn't look scared to death that the elephants are coming. LOL Nice job on this!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful Kris.
Lovely Elephant parade, great colors and quilting 👏

Nita said...

Adorable! I'm finishing mine this week. There's just something about this pattern, eh?