Saturday, March 21, 2015

Baby Quilt Done

So I have been a good little finisher this week...the Elephant Parade quilt is off to Maryland to a sweet little guy cousin and this Flower Box baby quilt is done as of this afternoon as well.  Two finishes this week...YAY!
 This is all the flowers you will see in my garden for quite awhile yet!!  I made this quilt using the tutorial from Bee in My Bonnet here.
 Straight line organic quilting again, I know, big surprise :)

I used a pale pink Robyn Pandolph backing fabric I have probably had in my stash for 10 years.  I have done pretty well using stash lately for projects, maybe it's about time to think about a trip to the fabric store, ha!

12 comments:

Carol Swift said...

This turned out so, so cute and I love straight stitching for quilting. It looks beautiful!

Carol Swift said...

This turned out so, so cute and I love straight stitching for quilting. It looks beautiful!

Jeanie said...

Looks so cute... love the text fabric!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilt turned out lovely. Great job finishing! I am envious of all your finishes.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love your quilt! Congratulations on your finishes.

charlotte said...

Beautiful job. Yay for using stash. Love the quilting.

Patty said...

Congrats on the lovely finish! I love the new baby quilt. Where did you buy your labels from?

Needled Mom said...

That is so pretty. It makes for a great finish too.

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! You are on a roll! Love the backing fabric you were saving for this cute quilt. The grey binding was a perfect choice. Ties in well with that text print. Really sweet finish, Kris!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It's lovely, Kris!! Great use of the text fabric.

-Soma

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just lovely Kris. Send me a little of that energy.....giggle....maybe it's just youth.

Lara B. said...

Two quilts finished in one week! Kris you definitely need to celebrate with a trip to the fabric store! This is a sweet, sweet quilt - I love your fabric combos! Someday that little child will be reading the text fabric when she should be napping. :)