Monday, November 16, 2015

Legendary Quilt - My Version

I couldn't resist making this pattern Legendary by Elizabeth Hartman for two reasons,

My son took this picture on our visit last month to Pike's Peak...Evan is my muse and I often make quilts for and/our because of him.

And because I identify fairly strongly with the big guy - I wear size 11 women's shoes.  Yes, I am lady bigfoot...

Anyway, on to the quilty details, complete with fabric nerd info as I used some of my real favorites here and they truly look great together.  I have been trying to work within just my stash most of this year and this quilt was no exception.
Background: Moda Vanilla Grunge
Tree trunks: Benartex City Girl, Kitty Yoshida - absolutely perfect for tree trunks!!)
Tree 1 : Kaufman print by Robin Zigone
Tree 2: Windham Fabrics New Colonies, Nancy Gere
Tree 3: Benartex City Girl, Kitty Yoshida
 Tree 4: Kaffe Fasset
Tree 5: Moda Comma, Zen Chic
Tree 6: Benartex, City Girl, Kitty Yoshida
Tree 7: Moda, Comma, Zen Chic (looks like little white doves in the tree)
Tree 8: Benartex City Girl, Kitty Yoshida

Big Foot:Mary Koval from Mary's Favorite Blues
Tree 9: Denyse Schmidt, Chicopee (this print is actually grey and yellow but makes a perfect tree..my fave!)

Tree 10: Tula Pink, Prince Charming
Tree 11: Denyse Schmidt, Hope Valley
Tree12: Moda, Comma, Zen Chic


Tree 12 labeled above
Tree 13: Moda Bella Solid, Pistachio
Tree 14: Denyse Schmidt,Hope Valley 

The finished quilt top.  I am very happy with the color play here, may have to do another quilt with these fabrics...now to quilt it.

13 comments:

Jeanie said...

Great quilt! I love that you can "relate" to Big Foot!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awe that turned out fabulous. I saw that pattern and thought about it because my family was from such a remote area, it was a tale often told of.

Carol Swift said...

Oh my gosh, this is just awesome! That Big Foot looks great among all your trees. Funny, beautiful, and very cool all in one quilt. :O)

Needled Mom said...

That is just great!!!! I love the fabrics you used too.

Patty said...

I just LOVE this! The tree colors are perfect and the big guy, kinda fun looking!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your quilt top turned out AWESOME!
All of those wonderful fabrics mix and play so well together.
So nice to have a relateable trip and story to tell and tie into this quilt!
Fun...Fun!!!

Linda said...

You have made another awesome quilt Kris! I love all your tree fabrics together. Wish I could see it in person!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a fun and creative quilt!

I am a size nine :)

Lorna McMahon said...

This is such a fun quilt, Kris! Love that you were able to share that x-ing sign with us, too! Such a fun fabric mix in this top. They all look fabulous together! With a stash including those sweet choices, you don't need to shop!

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Fabulous work, it looks great!

Jayne said...

That sign!!! The colors in your quilt are spot on! What a wonderful quilt!

Renee said...

This is such a fun pattern, and the fabrics you chose are so perfect!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Ha! I LOVE it, Kris!! This is so fantastic!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! You should print that sign on fabric and make the label with it.

-Soma