Sunday, November 29, 2015

A finished lap quilt

 Sorry for the poor pictures, I had this wrapped and given away as of this morning so had to make do in the rainy weather yesterday with a quick picture.  I adore the colors of this quilt but felt led to gift it to our church's Christmas family so off it went :)  I may have to revisit these colors together as it is a beautiful combination and my fingers may have felt a bit like hanging onto it for me!  This was a kit I bought from Fig Tree Quilts.
 I used my go-to organic straight line quilting which worked well with the spool blocks.
 This was our Thanksgiving morning which involved a bit of squirting water and a new dishwasher, not the best timing but I am happy to be blessed with a handy hubby!!

10 comments:

Jeanie said...

What a blessing that gorgeous quilt will be for that family! So sweet of you to give it up.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love this quilt. I can see how hard it was to gift it, but it shows what a big generous heart you have :)!

Patty said...

I love that quilt. I was so tempted to buy that kit myself. Great finish!

KaHolly said...

Sweet quilt! Poor hubby, playing plumber on Thanksgiving Day! Gotta love him!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great quilt. Reminds me of Autumn or Thanksgiving colors, and I am a huge fan of the spools. What a great way to get a new dishwasher. Appliance failure on a major holiday! :D

Carol Swift said...

Those quilt fabrics do go together so nicely...I would have wanted to keep it, too. Sweet of you to pass it on to someone who will enjoy it. Squirting water on Thanksgiving would be no fun, but a new dishwasher makes it okay.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful quilt and a wonderfully charitable gift!
I'm sure your church family will love this quilt!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I had to laugh out loud because we were dealing the plumbing problems on the Thanksgiving day too!!! Such a pretty quilt, Kris! Yes, I love that colour combination and you should definitely make another one. Oh! Oh! I might have to make a leaf quilt with that colour combination. So great of you to make a quilt for the family, a big quilty hug!

-Soma

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really love these colors as well. You listened and blessed someone! Handy Dandy took care of you....:)

Lara B. said...

Oooh - I can see why you want to revisit this color combination again Kris. You did a very lovely thing by gifting this quilt - it is a beauty!
Thanking God for Handy Husbands! LOL