Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fancy Forest Start

 I enjoyed making Elizabeth Hartman's Legendary quilt so much I decided to start her Fancy Forest quilt pattern.  First up is the Fox.  I am using Basic Grey's Sweet Serenade for the background and this first fox is leftovers from my Legendary quilt - a Nancy Gere print.  I am down to a small piece of this print, going to miss it - it is supposedly an 1800's reproduction print but it is a great print to mix with the modern fabrics.  I am sneaking text into this quilt by using the black Carolyn Friedlander print from Architextures.

 So now this is where I am...4 foxes and a bunny rabbit.

This is the view out one of my windows in my quilting room.  Turkeys!  They are really fun to watch.  They are so happy our field was planted in corn this year.

7 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Awe love the fabrics you are using in your quilt. Very cute foxes and that one lone bunny. Oh I am envious of your turkeys! They are so fun to watch.

Jeanie said...

So cute, especially that red rabbit! Love your view...it would be very inspiring to look outside and see such beauty.

Needled Mom said...

Those are fabulous. I love your fabric choices. Those turkeys must be fun to watch. It's getting a little close to Thanksgiving to be out in the open like that! ;-)

Patty said...

These look great. I'm a big fan of the owl in the quilt so look forward to that block!

Aunt 'Reen said...

These are all such wonderful blocks!
Love your fabric choices too!

So fun to see all the wild turkey in your yard!

Carol Swift said...

That bunny is too cute...I want to make those blocks! I need to fit this in somewhere between those gazillion Farmer's Wife blocks, baking cookies, and hanging out with Monkey Boys. :O)

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are some handsome blocks and a great start to your quilt. Love the use of the text print. Looks like you have your pick of the flock for Thanksgiving dinner?