Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Bag It Sew Along and a Win

My friend Patty has a great and very informative Sew Along called Bag It going on right now geared to help us all make some homemade gifts this Christmas, or anytime.  There are lots of great bag ideas and subtle differences to grow your skills.  And there are prizes from some great sponsors, just for doing what you love - sewing!

 I chose to make the zippy pouch detailed in her first post as it will be perfect to stash in my purse.  This was my first time making fancy fabric zipper stops, I have had to cut down zippers to use before but I have always just sewed across the end several times to make a thread stop in the past.  This is much prettier!
 You will have to go to Patty's post to find out how to make it, I added a pocket to the lining for fun and was happy to find that it did end up text right side up as I struggle sometimes with those kind of details :)
 This quilting just makes me smile, and this bag matches the boxy bag I made quite awhile ago.

I added a cute charm for the zipper pull - this was a most excellent purchase from Michael's clearance section in the jewelry section...I may have bought several, no, I definitely did!!  Did you have one of these rulers as a kid?  The kind with the shape templates in the middle?

So, yesterday a surprise came in the mail too! I have Patty's daughter to thank for pulling my name from the hat in the giveaway from her last Harvest QAL where I made a table runner...remember this?  I had great fun making that as churndash is my all time favorite pattern and I am a sucker for a good quilt along.  I still have it decorating my kitchen table and have received many compliments.
 
She still has the whole quilt pattern available here.


Anyway, this is what she sent me - a box of wonderful. :)  I love all those fabrics, as you know I am a bit more than a bit partial to Sweetwater and their texts and plaids(see bag above, hehehe).  I really absolutely adore that zippy bag she gifted me too, it's been my favorite when I see the group shot pics shown in her Bag It posts.  How did she know I was coveting it so?  I feel very spoiled.
Thank you so much Patty!

4 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

What an adorable little gray bag!
There are always so many wonderful uses for these little cuties!
The bag you won is great too!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

What a great bag you made, and a great win too. Love the fabrics all around.

Carol Swift said...

Cute, cute bag and a great win...lucky you!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That is such a cute bag! I am not surprised that you made it with your favourite fabric, you are probably still woo-and-aah-ing over it, aren't you?! :)

That package was custom made for you! Enjoy!

-Soma