Thursday, September 6, 2012

What Have I Gotten Myself Into Now?

So my fave friend Cheryl took me to a fabulous rug hooking show a couple of weeks ago where we met Polly Minick and her sister...you might be familiar with their work, lol...  Anyway, I've been eyeing that whale up there for awhile and really couldn't resist when Polly said she could make a smaller size version of the rug in kit form...I bit.  Of course I've never hooked a rug...good thing Cheryl took a class...!!

I went home and informed DH that I needed a frame...luckily Cheryl's had just made her one and shared his vast wisdom on the subject.  My long suffering husband got straight to it and even made it green.  This picture doesn't do it justice, I am petting it, it is so pretty (not on the bristly section mind you)  :) 

So voila...a frame...
Now I just need to corner Cheryl for my lesson!!!

3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

A fun adventure...can't wait to see your progress.

Unknown said...

Have fun!

Sinta Renee said...

I love that book... good luck on your new adventure! I was thinking about just embroidering those designs. It's just good to look at anyway. I love your ladybugs for the hop- very cute!