Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Grandmother's Choice BOW Block #3 Done!

So we are on week 3 already and this is the Union Square block.  I am still pretty happy with the color range I have chosen but I probably need a few more purple and gold prints so that I have options for some fussy cuts.  The pattern for this block and the others can be found on Barbara Brackman's new blog here.  The blocks finish at 8 inches and I am using gold and dark purple as Barbara has indicated those would reflect the coloring of signage and promotional materials for the American Women's Right to Vote movement.
This block was quick to assemble and she once again gave us a wonderful history lesson along with the pattern.


If you are looking for my Dots on Dots post you can find it here.


1 comment:

The Slow Quilter said...

I like it, I think I will dry to get in on this Grandmother's Choice block, I really like them.