Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sashing and Cornerstones, Oh My!





I went shopping at the end of last week to come up with the sashing and cornerstone fabric for my Grandmother's Choice BOW Sampler...I figured that if I start sashing as I go there is less chance the blocks will end up languishing in a pile the way my Civil War ones have!


I chose a gold for the sashing and a purple for the cornerstones.  They are from The Cocheco Mills Collection by Judie Rothermel (gold) and Civil War Album 1862 by Pam Weeks (purple).

Barbara took all the guesswork out of the calculations for yardage and cuts in this post if you want to use the same setting...

2 comments:

evelyn said...

Sash as you go-what a great idea! I love the fabrics you chose.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How smart is that. I have stacks of blocks from QALs and never got any further. This seems much less intimidating to do it as you go along.

You fabrics and blocks are outstanding.