Monday, September 28, 2015

1930's Farmer's Wife Blocks 3 & 4

 As you can see, Kris has deviated from the patterns as given...ahem...no big surprise, perhaps...but I decided to simplify the block designs for my sanity and in order to produce blocks I can be happy with.  Miss Alice did not behave for me and in order to honor the woman's letter...she suggested she remembered her mother stopping to play with them as kids and to the value of being less worried that all the housework was done than that they felt loved and valued...I simplified in order to get on to other tasks this week but still keep up and not skip any.

Such as making my family homemade chunky applesauce from our apple trees:
I am not sure if I should put these FW blocks on IG or not as they are not "to Pattern".  But I am overall pleased with them and, well, it's my quilt, right?  :)

Lots of good tips for these blocks provided by Kerry on her blog qal here.

6 comments:

Carol Swift said...

It would not be you (or me) if we didn't change something. They look perfect to me! I thought about doing this quilt after watching you, but I chickened out. I never even finished the Snapshot quilt. Such a slug I am!

Patty said...

those blocks look great! The use of solids plus prints works well. And, yes, you are the boss of your quilt!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Both of these blocks are gorgeous!
How awesome you have your own apple trees, the chunky applesauce looks delicious!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I like how they look. Maybe it is better to make it work for you instead of making you crazy.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow.....fantastic blocks.

moosecraft said...

Absolutey! Make it your own and enjoy the process! :-) Your blocks look fabulous!