Thursday, February 27, 2014

Green Tea Anyone?

Hi all...I know this little 6 1/2" block doesn't look like much...

Wedding Chain Block

but it has me so excited!!  I have been wanting to start this quilt for a long time.  I know I am late to the party but is anyone else working on this right now? 
For anyone who somehow hasn't seen this before, it is an older BOM from Jen Kingwell called Green Tea and Sweet Beans.  The book can be purchased at that link or through several other sources.  The pattern calls for hand piecing but I plan to machine piece the blocks like this one that lend themselves to it.  I am so happy to finally break the ice and get a start on this.


3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Such fun fabric choices. I'll be watching. Still barely sewing over here. Just goofing off a lot. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I bought the pattern but haven't started yet. I am contemplating my fabric choices.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I must have missed the party too! I have not seen this, wow, it is going to be beautiful. It is so nice when you get to have so much joy for putting fabrics together. I look forward to seeing more.