Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bee Block for January-Done!

 So my new Bee (Sew.Bee.Create) is off to a good start.  Leah of Burgundy Buttons burgundybuttons.blogspot.com sent us some luscious blues and oranges and greys...("evil Kris" wanted to set aside that big orange dot print to get swallowed in my personal stash...isn't it great!!  Reluctantly I did use all she gave me :) !)  Anyway, once I got finished oohing and ahhing and drooling over her fabric choices, I started trying to decide which print should be where and it went together pretty quickly.  The pattern was to be a wonky log cabin.  She used the Block Party book by Alissa Haight Carlton & Kristen Lejniecks (Amazon has this if you're interested) for inspiration and lucky enough I have that book too so I was able to get a good look at the blocks in Alissa's quilt.

Leah has a great online quilt fabric store so I suppose that may have influenced the amount of fabric she sent but it was enough I was easily able to make a second block.  I will send her this one too and she can pick which one she likes better.  I almost prefer the second but would have put more pops of orange in if I hadn't run out of them on the first!!  I think it looks like a "door to nowhere"...or maybe it's a door to that big orange dotty!!

1 comment:

Burgundy Buttons said...

It's a big orange lego door! Thanks so much, I LOVE them!