Thursday, December 22, 2011

Block 7 of Fat Quarter Stars QAL

I like the looks of this one when finished but must confess I am pretty tight with my rotary cutter and getting out the scissors to cut 20 template pieces is not something I looked forward to.  It did go together pretty easily though.  In order to better match my prior blocks I probably should have switched the beige with the green but I didn't think I would like all the dark in the center.  Hopefully, I can throw a couple more dark background blocks into the mix out of the 5 more patterns we have to go.  This has been a change from all the Fig Tree and Kate Spain fabrics I've been working with lately.  I really like the richness of the colors in this line but probably should have taken the time to introduce some solids into these blocks to give them more "pop".  Again, if you want to join us, use the button below or the website to find the patterns is: moosequilts.blogspot.com.

Merry Christmas!


No comments: