Friday, October 7, 2016

Cat Embroidery SAL- I am Finally stitching!

I have admired the stitching of Nicole of Follow the White Bunny for quite a while and decided to play along with her newest stichalong project for a Cat Portrait.  She does beautiful stitcheries and I hope to learn quite a bit with this project   :)

I have purchased her Cat Portrait Stitch Guide and have chosen my photo and a floss palette for Miss Kittykitty so I am well on my way!!  And today...I finally got over my intimidation and started stitching a bit.



This is the picture I am using...I had to lure her to sit still with some quilt blocks, my Kittykitty loves to lie about on quilt blocks!!

And here is my Cat Portrait so far:

 She is not too impressed yet...maybe if I figure out how to add the eye "twinkle"?
 

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Looks great. You have a lovely model.

KaHolly said...

Oh, you are so ambitious! Can't wait to watch this piece grow! XO

Patty said...

i like the eyes! This will be fun to watch it unfold!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your embroidery portrait is off to a Beautiful start!
You've really captured Kittykitty's eyes in your stitch work.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Kitty might not be impressed, but I am! Gorgeous already.

Little Quiltsong said...

What a cute picture. Your embroidery of the eyes is wonderful!