Saturday, December 5, 2015

Legendary Finish


I finished my son's Christmas present quilt this weekend...if you want the info on the pattern, see my previous post and/or this link: this pattern Legendary by Elizabeth Hartman

I quilted with my usual organic straight line quilting and am happy with the outcome :)  This pattern was very straight forward and well-written, a pleasure to sew!

My need to make this for my son was cemented when we visited Pike's Peak a couple of months ago and saw this sign...hopefully this quilt will give him happy memories of our trip.




15 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

BRILLIANT quilt - he will LOVE it!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations on the finish. It looks fantastic!!!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Awwwe..I rewlly like this!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh your quilt turned out fabulous. He is going to adore it and whenever he looks at it, there will be wonderful memories.

Crazy for Art said...

Wow! You have been busy! Looks great. He'll love it!

Rebecca said...

Love the whole idea for this quilt and its so perfect for a young man.

Jeanie said...

Of course he's going to love it! Really cute!

Carla said...

What's not to love about this quilt. Such a fantastic way to remember the trip. You've created such a beauty of a gift!!!

SuperMomNoCape said...

I had to smile when I saw this quilt and then the explanation of why you made it for your son. He's going to love it!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a beautiful finish!
The quilting design is perfect for this quilt.
Congratulations!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Like the horizontal quilting a lot!! Actually you are the one who got me into horizontal quilting. The quilt looks wonderful, Kris! What a wonderful way to remember a great trip!!

-Soma

QQ38 said...

...as a woman with a size 16 hubz... this is a must for this house also... love your inturpretation - how much fabric did each tree use... would a fat 8th bundle be enough?

Lara B. said...

Your quilt made me laugh and then smile throughout reading your whole post. Your son will love it Kris!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Ha! My Granddaughter is always watching some big foot show...she would love this.

Quiltsmiles said...

Love this whimsical quilt, it's fantastic!