Friday, May 30, 2014

Star Blocks Done

So this project has been good to get back into more sewing without any stress...
I think these are destined to become a baby quilt...I used up a lot of my orange scraps on these along with the tri recs rulers see this post for more details...

My peonies and poppies are BEAutiful this week :) 



I am also playing around with a free Mimi Kirchner pattern for a wool felt doll generously provided by her and hosted by Purl Bee.  Here is my current progress...
You can find the pattern here: http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2009/4/8/mimi-kirchners-hand-sewn-felt-doll.htmlhttp//www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2009/4/8/mimi-kirchners-hand-sewn-felt-doll.html
Mimi has a blog and this doll in a kilt just blew me away, so well done...I just love him.  It helps that my guy does Scottish Highland Games...I think her doll really  needs a caber!  Since she doesn't sell the pattern for that guy I guess I will satisfy this itch with the girlie pattern :)
I am doing this doll sew along with an aunt who doesn't blog unfortunately or I could show her finished doll...very sweet :)

If you need the supplies for this Purl Bee has them for sale or another option would be these wool bundles from Michelle at Raspberry Rabbits which is where much of my felt came from.

6 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I adore your oranges and the dolly.....grin. Lovely flowers as well. Have a great weekend Kris!!

KaHolly said...

Your star quilt is going to be a stunner when it is completed!! Can't wait to see. Just as I can't wait to see dolly when she is finished.

Patty said...

love that star quilt!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Can't wait to see the finished dolly! Loving your orange quilt blocks, and how they are all varied. The flowers are looking great, Kris, they must make you feel so happy :)

-Soma

Scrapatches said...

I love these sunny blocks! Makes me want to pull out my tri-recs and yellow and orange and white fabrics and start sewing. So many quilts to sew ... sew little time ... :) Pat

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great bright and sunny blocks. Your flowers are looking lovely.