Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Mail and A Favorite Christmas Quilt

 I recently got my Christmas Sampler quilt back from a local long-arm extraordinaire, Cathie...it is from  The Fat Quarter Shop's Mystery block of the month for 2010.  It uses Kate Spain's The 12 Days of Christmas line and I thought I loved the top but getting it back...well, now...I'm definitely smitten!  Cathie and I both admire Angela Walter's style of quilting and are fans of her books and I thought she really translated it well to this quilt.
 There is a different quilting motif for each block as befits a sampler...
 Details such as windows, doors, and roof shingles...
 And, oooh, aaahh, pebbling!!!
Ribbon candy in the borders...

 I love everything about this quilt :) and it was a joy to piece as the pattern was clear and very easy to follow.  I did do my own thing with the finishing as I did not use their finishing kit but chose to border it with a couple trees in the corners.  And I love it with the red binding!

On a different note, I got a wonderful package in the mail from bloggy friend, Barb...I won her 1 year blogiversary drawing, yay!  Congrats on a year Barb!
She said she would send me a charm pack but she went and sent me this pretty pot-holder as well...love it!  Thanks so much :)
I looked up Cioccollatto and, as I suspected, it means chocolate and so this is perfect for me and my lightweight coffee drinking.  I only drink Mocha or Pumpkin Spice coffee :)




4 comments:

Patty said...

Kris, it looks great! I made the same quilt and got it LAQ last year. It was a lot of fun to put together and yours looks fabulous.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It's wonderful quilt Kris. I looked at the quilting pictures up close and she IS really good. I might just have to send some of my tops out so I'll have a finished quilt....grin.

Congrats on your win....very cute.

Barb Neiwert said...

Wow - that's a neat quilt! Love your fabric choices, and the quilting adds so much to it. You will enjoy that year after year. Hah - when you say it out aloud - Cioccollatto - it does sounds like chocolate even if you don't know Italian!

mennikelly said...

I love the quilting and your choice for finishing. Makes me want to spend a lot more time and effort with custom quilting rather than all over designs.