Thursday, September 22, 2011

One of My Favorites

 So I just wanted to share a quilt that I started in a class with Edyta Sitar last August...and yay! got back from my local laq Cathie a couple of weeks ago.  This one is super special to me, I love the colors and the design and it was made using "friendship half-square triangles" that several of my friends and even my aunt contributed.  Edyta had us all sew triangle squares out of beautiful fabrics she provided and then we swapped with each other to give us all wonderful variety. 

The pattern comes from a note card set she sells on her website, http://laundrybasketquilts.com/ called Hannah's Sugar Basket.  The layout is similar to a quilt in her book Friendship Triangles called Album Basket Quilt.

If you have the opportunity to take one of Edyta's classes I highly recommend it, she was so much fun and I am proud to show a finished quilt from her class, something I rarely end up with when I take a class.

Just look at the wonderful quilting!
 Here it is in the beautiful September sunshine...
I give away most of my quilts but this one is staying home!!  Now, dare I hope it cools of enough for me to snuggle underneath it?!

1 comment:

Tinliz said...

Kris,
That is one terrific quilt!