Monday, September 8, 2014

Weeping Angel - The Last of the Doctor Who Blocks Done at Last!

The Weeping Angel, my son's favorite Doctor Who villain and a requirement for his quilt...one that I dreaded enough to "save" for last.  
I am not going to say this block was easy, not even going to say that it was enjoyable - though I admire the intricate details in the pattern immensely...but a bit of Eleventh Doctor style dancing complete with hands in the air may have occurred upon the finishing of this one...the pattern can be found here at Soma's site if you are brave enough, just be sure you Don't Blink!!: http://www.whimsandfancies.com/patterns/

I now have 20 blocks done...now I need a break before I join them and take off all that paper!!
 This guy was trying to photobomb the completed block picture, we have a bit of frog overload around here this year...

I also managed to get some pizza sauce and grape jam canned for this winter...the pizza sauce was a last ditch effort to think of another way to use up all the Roma tomatoes we planted. It is tasty and I think it will make homemade pizza a quick dinner fix  :)

Have a good day my friends!!


11 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your weeping angel turned out gorgeous. Like your little green friend. Maybe I will have to figure out how to do pizza sauce.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow....you are a busy gal. I love your angel and it looks wayyyy to hard. Cute froggy.

Jeanie said...

Wow....that angel block is something else...I don't think I would have the patience. Wonderful job! Give Mr Frog a kiss for me.... I'm looking for a prince! ;)

Patty said...

it looks fantastic!!! great job. Glad you got it done - now the fun begins to assemble and quilt! Congrats!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Amazing job! They are so scary!!

Carla said...

It's a great block. You nailed it!

mennikelly said...

I can see why you saved that one for last. Wow! Nicely done!

charlotte said...

Kudos to you Kris. I am always impressed with those who paper piece. Your blocks have all been great!

Carol Swift said...

Oh, wow, wow, wow! I have one section of the Tardis done...that's it. I'm up to season 2 and I'm loving that I now know some of the characters and villains. Lots of rain and still hacking with bronchitis so I'll be watching more today.

Linda said...

Congratulations Kris! I can see why you saved the best for last! lol That block is amazing.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That is a very hard block indeed and yours is beautiful!! Well done, friend!

-Soma