Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chameleon Arch Fob Watch


This block was a fun block to choose the fabrics for.  I used a fabric by Tim Holtz to include a clock face likeness.  I think it works well in the design and has the necessary roman numerals.  I had two sides warring as I made this block, the conservative "don't waste fabric" me which ended up winning out and the naughty fussy cut girl who wanted to cut a hole in my leftover Lizzy House yardage so I could get an Orion constellation in this background...another day, perhaps.
You can find the pattern on Soma's site here: http://www.whimsandfancies.com/doctor-who-chameleon-arch/

So I am down to the LAST one, yep...the dreaded Weeping Angel is in my sights...you may not hear from me for awhile as this is one crazy challenging block!!!   Don't blink...

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That turned out very cool.

Patty said...

my resident teenage doctor who fans wants to know where you got that perfect fabric so I can make one more block! It looks great!

Patty said...

Oh, and good luck. don't blink. Whatever you do, don't blink. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. don't turn you back. don't look away. and don't blink. Good luck!

Carol Swift said...

I have some Tim Holtz fabric, but not that one. You know I have to look for some now because that is just the coolest block! I'm almost through with season 1 of Doctor Who. At least now I understand some of those blocks and what they mean.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Oh no! You kept the Weeping Angel for last! It's actually not that bad, believe me. Love your fob watch!! I really like the blue and grey combination.

-Soma

Ruth said...

This one looks brilliant! Love the watch fabric!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Perfect fabric for sure.

Ginny said...

Amazing watch Kris!!