Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Shenandoah Botanical Quilt - Jacob's Ladder

This is a project I am hoping to finish this year, my top is sewn but I am spacing out my block reveal to follow along with the sew-along.   I am hoping to get my top sandwiched and quilted this winter.  I am sewing along with the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt project - the pattern is provided by the Virginia Quilt Museum and all pattern sales benefit the museum. Dawn, from Collector with a Needle, and Doreen, from Aunt Reen’s Place, are hosting a quiltalong for this quilt, here.


The pattern size as provided by the museum easily makes 9 inch blocks. I am doing mine in wool so that I can make that size (8 1/2" finished), many are enlarging the pattern and all the participant's resulting blocks are well worth a look...so pretty!

This is my version of the block chosen for March, Jacob's Ladder:






5 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Another beautiful block - also beautifully stitched!

Patty said...

Looking forward to the big reveal. This block is pretty!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very pretty block. Love the red.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Love the wool applique!! It will be such a pretty quilt, Kris!

-Soma

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your block is gorgeous Kris!
Lots of tiny piece work just amazing.