Monday, March 27, 2017

One Monthly Goal March Finish

My goal this month was a continuation of an ongoing quilt project for me called Colfax County:

 

My next step was to make star blocks and my goal for this month was to complete 12 of these 24 (12 inch) needed star blocks. 


 
This was an ambitious goal for me as my son's Spring Break falls in March and I am doing a large bit of secret sewing right now...lots of irons in the fire right now actually...and, yes, those are 1" finished hst's.

But, here they are finished, yay!
Sorry for the perfectly awful photo, they are all there but our soggy dreary windy weather doesn't allow for a pretty group shot.
 
Linking up with:

15 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

They are beautiful! Congrats on meeting your goal.

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on accomplishing your March OMG. Those star blocks are amazing. I have a very difficult time with tiny pieces but your points are well...on point.

I hope you all are enjoying spring break!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous. I love your background print your blocks are fabulous.

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are amazing!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Oh my gosh... these blocks are stunning!
Congratulations for reaching your goal, this was certainly a LOT of piecework!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful blocks and I adore the fabrics you picked!

Missy Shay said...

I love your blocks!

Little Quiltsong said...

What a super accomplishment!! Your blocks look wonderful!

Karen's Korner said...

What a lovey goal to reach. Pretty fabrics.

sewyouquilt2 said...

WOW is all I can say. that is one HUGE goal with lots of teeny pieces.
congrats on making your goal.

Patty said...

Completely and totally impressed. These look wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal

Carol Swift said...

Lots of sewing going on for you...love those blocks!

maggie fellow said...

wonderful blocks. I love the variety of blues. It's fun to see how you are doing some many different types of quilting and different fabric styles. fun stuff

KaHolly said...

Wow! Ambitious? Absolutely!

Libby in TN said...

Those blocks are beautiful and well-executed, too. Congrats on accomplishing your goal. That quilt will be a keeper!