Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Long Time Gone SAL Week 1

I love so many of Jen Kingwell's designs and when I heard there would be a SAL using her sampler pattern Long Time Gone of all machine pieced blocks, I decided I needed to play along.
The details can be found here at  http://www.gnomeangel.com/week-1-long-time-gone-sew-along-bow-tie-block/ if you would like to join in the fun.

These are my blocks for this week photographed in our latest snow:

Bow Tie:


The pesky wind flipped the corner of the block on the right and the snow makes the light corners difficult to see but I am going with this photo because I am hoping this will be my last snow shot as we are getting so close to Spring!!

I used some of my all-time favorite prints (Chickopee, Loulouthi, Hope Valley,Prince Charming, Architextures, Vanilla Grunge, Mama Said Sew) for these blocks and plan to continue that trend throughout the top as I sew.

If you want to see some gorgeous blocks,look to the IG feed here:
 https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/longtimegonesal/

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Love your block!
I just cut the fabrics for two bow tie blocks! Love to have a machine project in between all the hand appliqué stuff!

Jeanna said...

I love bow tie blocks. Yours are going to make a nice quilt. Sounds like a fun sew along.

Needled Mom said...

I've always liked the bow tie blocks and yours look great.

Patty said...

Very nice! I'm tempted by this one too.

barbara woods said...

love that block. Postman said my blocks would get there tomorrow. about the same time I will be in surgery

Missy Shay said...

I like your blocks!

Little Quiltsong said...

Love the design these make! They look so beautiful on the snow :)!

Aunt 'Reen said...

You are off to a beautiful start on this quilt!
I love your fabric choices.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous. I don't blame you for joining in.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

These are so pretty, Kris! Beautiful colour combinations and prints.

-Soma