Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Long Time Gone SAL Week 2

I love so many of Jen Kingwell's designs and when I heard there would be a SAL using her sampler pattern Long Time Gone of all machine pieced blocks, I decided I needed to play along.

The details can be found here at  http://www.gnomeangel.com/week-1-long-time-gone-sew-along-bow-tie-block/ if you would like to join in the fun.

This is my block for this week, Square in a Square Stars:

 I went with a warm palette and lots of AMH, Kaffe, and Tula prints for this one. 

BTW: It has occurred to me that the rest of the blocks in this sal sure have a lot of pieces!!    :)

 If you want to see more gorgeous blocks,look to the IG feed here:
 https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/longtimegonesal/

10 comments:

Sherrill said...

Yep, when I first saw that SAL and looked at the quilt pattern, I said 'oh no, WAAYY too many little pieces'!!! LOL I've done a Dear Jane and no more of that..HA!! Love your colors.

Jeanna said...

Very pretty and cheerful block! I'm not playing in this SAL but I sure enjoy seeing everyone else's creations.

Patty said...

i am in love with your fabrics! This is beautiful!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I love how you use low volume and text prints with bright colours. Perfect harmony! That's one block? I thought it was a quilt top from the thumbnail :)

-Soma

Aunt 'Reen said...

Wow,lots of piece work in this one. It's a real Beauty!
Love your color & fabric choices.

Little Quiltsong said...

What a bright and pretty block! Looking forward to seeing this new quilt come together. You do such beautiful work each time!

Crazy for Art said...

This is so nice Kris! You are the queen of piecing!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love scrappy quilt blocks! :) blessings, marlene

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your block!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great block. Love the fabrics you are using.