Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Long Time Gone Week 3

I love so many of Jen Kingwell's designs and when I heard there would be a SAL using her sampler pattern Long Time Gone of all machine pieced blocks, I decided I needed to play along.

The details can be found here at  http://www.gnomeangel.com/week-1-long-time-gone-sew-along-bow-tie-block/ if you would like to join in the fun.

These are my versions of the block for this week, Crosses of the UK:



These little sweetie blocks are 4" finished but are pretty easy to construct and it was fun to pick out the color combos.  Now that I am looking at the picture, looks like I need to trim the "whiskers" off the edges :)

 If you want to see more gorgeous blocks,look to the IG feed here:
 https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/longtimegonesal/


My other blocks for this sal:
 
 Found another linky to join :) edited to add, linking to Sarah here:
 http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2017/03/i-may-have-scrap-problem-but-i-also.html


7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love those crosses blocks!!!

Jeanna said...

All of the blocks are pretty and each very different. It will be interesting to see how they all come together in a quilt.

Patty said...

Your fabric choices are just wonderful! I'm enjoying seeing these blocks as you complete them!

Dawn said...

Pretty colors, they remind me of Easter candy colors.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I saw your blocks and had to order the book. Like I need any more projects.

Leslie said...

I love quilts like these.
Nice piecing.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Great blocks!
I like the pattern and your fabrics & piece work are beautiful.