Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Magnolia Mystery - Cutting For Month 2

Cheryl from http://meadowmistdesigns.blogspot.com/2017/08/magnolia-mystery-quilt-cutting.html has released the second clue in her latest mystery quilt SAL.  Still plenty of time to join in, so far we have picked our fabrics (month 1) and cut some of it (month 2).  Only took me about an hour to cut this step.

My attraction to this project is a that this is another chance to stash bust a bit and that Cheryl is kind enough to send you a sneak peek of the design so you can better pick fabrics and decide whether you would like to participate...I have decided that mystery quilts are not really my thing but non-mystery mystery quilts?  Well, now you are talking :)

12 comments:

Jeanna said...

Those are really pretty fabrics you've selected. I look forward to following your progress.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

LOL Non mystery mystery quilts huh? Like the colors and fabric you are using? So stash busting?

Carol Swift said...

Great choice of fabrics for the non mystery mystery quilt. I'm not a fan of mystery quilts. I have to see where I'm headed and get a good visual. Nice that she offered the chance to pick out fabrics.

Linda said...

I love your choice of fabrics. I have downloaded the instructions so far but don't know if I'll do this one. I have so many UFOs I would like to finish.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

You are really doing well this year with finishing your quilts and stash busting. Lovely choice of fabrics for your non mystery mystery quilts :)

-Soma

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Kris, I love the fabrics you picked....outstanding.

Patty said...

Love the fabrics you've chosen. I've decided to make the mystery a bit smaller so am waiting to cut until the first clue is available1

Aunt 'Reen said...

Looking forward to seeing where this mystery quilt leads you!
Love your fabric choices as always.

Cheryl said...

These are awesome fabrics, they are going to look great in the mystery quilt!

Paige said...

Oh that strip is going to add so much interest! And that green is my fav! Going to look great!

Needled Mom said...

Those are great fabrics for your mystery quilt. You grabbed me at the lime green!

Danice G said...

Pretty fabric choices. Those colors are perfect :)