Friday, September 25, 2015

LeMoyne Star Playdate

 So I drug my friend Marie out to my house to play with my new blocloc DIT template set to make stars awhile ago...today she returned the favor and taught me to use the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler...

 It took me three tries but I finally achieved center perfection on the last one :)  It didn't photograph as well because there is a bit of an optical illusion with the darker cube pattern.  But I assure you, perfection, lol!!

Now, go figure...I always have to change things about...This was supposed to be two 6 1/2" blocks but I finished the larger one at home without trimming it (didn't have the ruler at my house) as you are supposed to and ended up with an 8 1/2" block?!!

Hehehe...less waste, or just luck that it worked?!  Or skill...yes, I will go with skill...hehehehe

And, Sorry, Marie...this was in my mailbox when I got home...you'll have to come see it :)

I may have to shelve sewing for the rest of today and sit on my patio with some pink lemonade surrounded by corn and drool all over my new book!

6 comments:

Patty said...

These look great! I was thinking of getting that same book. I always wished I could have seen that exhibit.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have that ruler. I taught my mom how to use it then played with it until I could make a bigger star yet. Looks gorgeous, and nice to have a friend to sew with and learn new techniques.

Crazy for Art said...

Thanks Kris. I'm off to the teach this morning. I feel confident everyone will get it. I will have to see that book sometime! Are the quilts from the famous red and white quilt show in NY?

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful Lemoyne Stars!
I saw a demo using the ruler, it looked interesting.
Enjoy your new book.

Carol Swift said...

I've never seen that ruler, but it definitely made a beautiful and perfect block. What a fun book! Enjoy!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It's picture perfect, Kris!!

-Soma