Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Getting Ready For 30's Farmer's Wife QAL

 I have been reading the letters in this book and have an itch to start the QAL...there are already some great posts at http://verykerryberry.blogspot.com/p/farmers-wife-1930s-quilt-along.html and http://gnomeangel.com/farmers-wife-1930s-sampler-quilt-sew-along/


I would have no trouble making these 6 inch blocks from stash...I have collected 30's fabrics for 15 years now on and off.  I think I would like to mingle some solids in with these conversational prints.

But, oh my - some of these blocks look very challenging in such a small size!!  I believe a majority will have to be paper pieced in order to save my sanity!

Are any of you planning to jump in?

6 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the fabrics. I am still working on my Farmer's Wife ---I really dislike sashing and cornerstones. :D

Aunt 'Reen said...

I'm in Kris!
I look forward to sharing this journey with you!

Cut&Alter said...

I was looking at this book at a show recently and reluctantly returned it to the shelf because I just don't have enough time at the moment :( The fabrics you have a wonderful and I can't wait to see how you progress.

Iris said...

Yes I have taken the plunge, great stuff. Blocks one and two are in the bag!

Patty D from NC said...

I'm in! Hope to pull some fabrics today. Looking forward to seeing your blocks in those fabrics. Nice to build a quilt from stash!

Linda said...

I'm in too. I have the book and a '30s stash similar to yours. I have been dipping into the stash for the Snapshot QAL this year. I may have to pick up a few more FQs to add to it.