Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Farmer's Wife 5 & 6 and Switching Gears Again

 I am now caught up with both Farmers Wife 1930's qals...

#5 Anne ...Reminds me of Anne of GG, Miss Anne with an "E"...
I paper pieced this one.  The letter attributed to Anne is another great one, I love the part about a friend's smile is a beam that brings summer into the soul...oh my, yes!

#6 April  This one I traditionally pieced and tried to follow the author's coloration...kind of makes the star look a bit wonky, yes?
The letter attributed to April is a nice little ode to SAHM's...of course I enjoyed that one :)  Though I am not one to can red beets in my kitchen with light countertops...I started planting yellow beets last year just for that reason...ha!!

Now, I am turning back to my little project following along in spirit with Patty's QAL... Grab button for Elm Street Quilts Harvest QAL
 
Aren't those the cutest churn dashes?!!  My version is a bit different than hers and just uses the churns and pumpkins.  I hope to get done soon enough to display for Halloween!
You can get her full pattern here at Elm Street Quilts.
 

6 comments:

Allison said...

In Germany fall has already come, which makes it's fun to think about a few seasonal projects. I've got a lot of bright colored projects already in the works, so any seasonl plans will have to stay on the back burner for me. Super cute pumpkins!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh I like the April block. Yellow beets? But then I don't appreciate beets unless they are pickled, and DH does not like pickles. Go figure.

Aunt 'Reen said...

2 more beautiful FW blocks!
Congratulations on keeping up with BOTH groups!
Your pumpkins and black churn dash blocks are darling! (yes LOVE the black)

Patty said...

Love the new FW blocks - what a perfect color blue to use!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Yellow beets? I only know of the red ones. The blocks are beautiful and your fabric picks are great. I am always happy to see those pumpkins. Orange! Yum!! The black churn dash blocks compliment them so well.

-Soma

Carol Swift said...

I'm totally impressed that you're keeping up with this and making so many beautiful blocks. Plus, I'm in awe that you're also doing churn dashes and such. What a woman!