Thursday, August 29, 2013

Making friends and trying something new...

So I joined up with Wifessionals Cara Box exchange this month...it's the last one that is being done in a quick turnaround month...she is going to a quarterly format next round.  I can't tell you when I first saw this pop up on blogs but I decided to jump in for a new swap experience for this last one.  The idea is you get paired up with two ladies: one you will send a box to and another that will be sending a box to you.
You get to know each other over a period of time via email and by blog stalking. Then you assemble a box for one which is based on their personal interests and taste. 
I met two wonderful ladies this round... and getting to know these ladies was so much fun! They were both so sweet and kind!  My box was sent to Christy  and  Mary sent me a box...and I must just say Mary did a stellar job of surprising me with a very thoughtful box of goodies...

 Each item made me ooh and aaahh with joy...I absolutely can't wait to try her blackberry and peach preserves...and aren't those jars just beauties in and of themselves!!  Chocolate and caramel? Ummm, yes, please!  The solid fabric jelly rolls are just gorgeous and the bag to put everything in so thoughtful...
 Then there is this measuring tape mug...sooo cute and perfect for me :)  She also included a Barnes and Noble gift card that was totally over the top generous.
I so appreciated that she took the time to come up with these sweet surprises for me as I know that her life contains a lot of special challenges.  So here I sit writing this post and thinking of the kind and generous soul who thought of me with a box and made a girl with a summer cold smile big!  I am so glad to know you Mary, you are such a kind, inspiring person with a heart of gold :)  Thank you.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

How fun!! I wasn't aware of her blog before, but am thankful for your information, Kris!! Enjoy your wonderful surprises!!

Unknown said...

awww...you are so welcome. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again. Now I have a new quilting friend. Yeah!! Enjoy my friend!!