Friday, August 30, 2013

Canteloupe, really?

So I told you that I needed a break from the sewing room to catch up with preserving the bounty that is our garden...it's been a wacko year and the tomatoes are mostly sitting green on the vine and the squash is growing foliage but not so much in the way of zucchinis...anyway...along with a whole lotta grapes on the vine, and corn that needs frozen, I have had quite a few of these all mature simultaneously...
 And so I made this...and it felt a bit like Sesame Street "Two of these things are not like the others..."



Wait for it...




Yep, I have made canteloupe jam...maybe it's the cold medicine talking, I am feeling pretty good today, lol...but it doesn't taste bad, not bad at all...I used a recipe in this book though I changed vanilla bean to pinch of cinnamon...and the result is very canteloupe and honey tasting. 
Hey! The husband approves so it must be good!

Now onto that corn...

Have a good day!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds delicious! I'm waiting for my grapes to ripen out here so I can make my first batch of jam. :)

Ginny said...

Cantloupe jam -- never heard of it but it looks good and tastes good --you may be starting a new trend!;)

Sparky said...

Never would i have thought melon jam....your melons are amazing

Patty said...

I never heard of this before - I'd love to try some! Enjoy all the jam! Hope you are having a good weekend.

Linda said...

Looks yummy!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love that you made cantaloupe jam! blessings, marlene