Friday, January 4, 2013

Hard times and Quilting as Therapy

Quite frankly, I don't have the words to express what I wish to convey today. 
 I wasn't sure when I'd be ready to write this post.  As a general rule, I try to keep this blog positive, mainly about my quilting projects and not interject much personal.  But somewhere along the way I became friends with several of my readers and the outpouring of support when some of them found out about my family's recent loss caused me to rethink that rule.
I feel very blessed to be married into a kind and generous, loving family and it has never been clearer the love that they and I share for each other than through the recent experience of the loss of my husband's much younger brother on Christmas Day.  He was only 24 but lived life fully and completely with so many wonderful accomplishments and such a profound effect on everyone around him.  I had known him since he was 2 years old and he was the brother I never had, such a beautiful little boy who matured into such a great man.  My son adored his uncle and learned so much from his example. We will miss him greatly but are assured of his place in heaven as he was a strong Christian in belief as well as deed.  Matt, you will be so greatly missed, yes, I wish I had the words...

20 comments:

Turid said...

My thoughts are with you. Be together and be strong.

Kasey said...

So, so sorry for your loss.

Ginny said...

Kris, I am so sorry to hear of your loss..so young...I am glad you had him for 24 yrs, may your wonderful memories comfort you.

Judith said...

Kris, hearing the loss of a loved one is always the hardest. It is wonderful that he had you for a big sister. May your memories keep you and your family in peace. Judith, Texas

Carol Swift said...

We all know death is a natural occurrence, but it still hits us hard when we lose someone we love...especially someone so young. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us today and I hope you know there are many of us sending sweet thoughts of support your way.

Mary said...

Hugs and many prayers for comfort to you and your family.

Rosa said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.I understand you.Three years ago I lost my little brother in a terrible accident. I hope his memory comfort you and do not forget him. It's hard and it hurts.Prayers and thoughts to you and your family.
Take care

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sinto muito minha amiga,mas você está com pensamentos certos:Matt está com Jesus agora,e com certeza intercedendo pela família.Obrigada por compartilhar,tenha fé.Abraços bem abraçados.

Sandy D said...

My heart felt sympathy to you and your family in this sad time.

mennikelly said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.
Bethany

WoolenSails said...

I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss and my prayers for you and your family, as you go through a difficult time in your lives.

Debbie

Sunshine Girl said...

There are no words really are there - sending hugs.

Laura VanVleet said...

I know that was hard to do! Big fats hugs to you!

Patty said...

My thoughts are with you and family.

Linda said...

Kris, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Patty said...

So sorry for your loss sounds so lame, but please know we all are sorry. I am glad he is in Heaven,and waiting for y'all to join him someday. I am also glad you feel comfortable enough to share with your readers. Thank you.

Barb Neiwert said...

Oh, Kris, I'm so sorry to hear the news of this great loss. No words from me, just a (((HUG))).

GG said...

Thank you for sharing this.It is painful to take it all in. Many unanswered thoughts. But So good to know with certainty that he is now in the presence of the Lord & you will see him again! Hold on the that reality. I pray that the Holy Spirit, who is called,The Comforter, will comfort you & your family with His Peace and that you all will feel totally surrounded by Him & upheld by His strength & love.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

We'll continue to pray for your family. Glad you are feeling good enough to quilt. We've missed you.

Jay said...

I think you might just have found the words to convey what you are feeling, and to share them with your followers/friends. Sometimes just writing is cathartic, so write whatever & know we'll be here for you. God bless.