Saturday, January 5, 2013

Back to Bees - January Block for Mo Stash



It is good for me that I joined two bees this year as well as a mini quilt swap.  It has given me deadlines and forced me back into quilting and posting...it was actually very cathartic to make these two blocks for Melissa (aka Grohsie on Flickr) from the Mo Stash bee that I belong to.  Her month is January and she chose this tutorial for a Patchwork Wheel from the blog Don't Call Me Betsy.
As I have very little blue in my stash, it is a good thing I have participated in some recent swaps so that I could do her chosen palette justice.  She is planning a bit of an ocean theme so I threw in the starfish and water bubbles.  The tutorial is very straight-forward and the blocks together form a kind of hidden star, which is fun.  I look forward to seeing her completed quilt.

3 comments:

Liz DandeliondD said...

They look brilliant.
I really enjoyed making these blocks for Grohsie too.

Barb Neiwert said...

That's the great thing about sewing/quilting - it is cathartic since you have to concentrate so much on what's right in front of you. Love your blocks - the grey sets them off well.

susiloci said...

Que trabajos tan bonitos!!!!!!!!!!