Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Put A Little Love in Your Quilt Blog Hop

What fun, what fun...we are blog hopping again :)  Love to "sew and tell" with friends!  

This hop is hosted by my friend Carol at Just Let Me Quilt and she is the hostess with the mostess, oh yes she is :)

She asked that we share a project or projects with a heart on it...

And here are mine...

First up a mug rug with English Paper Pieced wings (2 inch jewel shape) and a wool body...I have been making the jewels with my red and pink scraps but a quilt top is a long way off...
And, this is a heart pinnie I made from some wool scraps and a Japanese woven fabric strip I had leftover from a prior quilt.  I love that this project basically takes scraps lying around and makes something useful and pretty!


First I chose the colors for my hearts, then I cut them from my wool scraps just like when we made valentines in elementary school...fold in half and cut!
Then I picked how many hearts I wanted on my pincushion and what design they would be placed in.  For my pinnie, I chose three as that is how many are in my small family...Momma heart, Daddy heart, and little guy...yes, I am still reliving elementary school, aren't I??!! (oh my, I think I am pretty glad my 17 yo son doesn't read my blog, lol!!)
 
Anyway, then it is time to choose applique threads, I love to applique wool with a blending color of wool thread and let the wool applique shine rather than the stitches.
I chose to add a piece of felt to help back my pin cushion top layer since I am using a woven background.  This will help the pins stand proud.  

I sewed the three layers together with a small opening to turn it right side out...
 I use a wooden stuffing stick to help turn inside out and I fill with plastic beads.  Ladder stitch the turning opening closed and you are ready to use your new pinnie!

I will leave you with my Corgi from Fluffmonger's pattern...he does have a heart after all...
 
Thanks for hopping along today and be sure to check out everyone else's project as well!!

 

February 7


And come back tomorrow for these projects:

February 8

36 comments:

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

You have lovely projects and I adore them all. That butterfly is wonderful and it's such a clever idea. You are like me and I could add a heart to everything I make!!!

Anita said...

Your mug rug and pincushion are adorable! Thanks for sharing the process.

tink's mom said...

Love each and every one of your projects. I didn't realize there was such a thing as wool thread. I really want to reach out and hug your Corgi. So Sweet

June D said...

Very cute projects. That will Corgi is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia's Creating Ark said...

I love how you turned your hearts into butterfly wings. You can never have too many pin cushions.

Lee said...

Sweet projects

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful heart projects! The butterfly heart Mug Rug is especially sweet! Love what you have made!

Dorian said...

A couple of great projects, love the butterfly.

Deonn said...

Adorable projects, Kris! I haven't done too much EPP - love your butterfly mug rug and what a sweet little corgy! Awww.

KaHolly said...

Sweet little projects, Kris!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Soooo cute, Kris! Fantastic ideas

Carla said...

To start with that Corgi is the cutest! Thanks for sharing your pinnie process. I've only worked with wool once and it is a great textile for applique for sure. I'm with you, I'm really glad my kids don't read my blog at times...

Carol said...

The butterfly mug rug is really neat--I've only used hexies when EPP--must try other shapes. I absolutely love the pincushion! One can never have too many of those, right? :) I sense a new one in my future... Thanks for sharing your lovely projects.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love your mug rug, and your jeweled butterflies. Your pinny is great too. You use your wool in the machine also?

Carol Swift said...

Sweet mug rug with those jeweled butterflies! I can't even imagine all the work involved in creating a whole quilt with those tiny pieces, but I know you can do it. I love pincushions of all kinds and yours made with wool is a cutie! Thanks for playing along with me my sweet friend!

Joyce Carter said...

Love your projects Kris. The butterflies are so cute. I am just learning about the "jewel" shape. I think a quilt made from this would be amazing. I like your pincushion too. I could use another one so I am keeping this one in mind. Thank you so much for sharing today.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful! The jewel shape makes a perfect heart!

Jeanna said...

Very nice projects especially the Corgi :)

Calicojoan said...

Hearts galore here. Love them all...but that Corgi! He's a cutie for sure!

Kathy H said...

Cute mug rug and pincushion. Thanks for sharing them.

Angie said...

Very cute projects. Thank you for sharing. Have a fun day! angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

Seacoast Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing your cute pincushion. And that's a use for the jewel shape I hadn't seen.

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! That Corgi is TOO cute!!!

Patty said...

Love the EPP hearts! And you already know I love the Corgi - he is so sweet!

LJ said...

Put a little love (heart) in your pincushion...So sweet. Suitable for V Day and all year long. Happy Heart Day.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful mug rug as is the pincushion. Of course, I love the corgi too.

Createology said...

Hearts are timeless and I adore your woolen pinnie. Corgi with Heart is adorable as well. Thank you sew very much for hopping...xo

nicolesender said...

Your projects are great! Love the bunny!
nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The diagonal quilting on your butterfly looks wonderful. Great to see how you made the pinnie, and that corgi is just too adorable!! Lovely projects, Kris!!

Lynette said...

Everything is so cute - Your Corgi, though!!!! Sooooo cute!

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

I love the hearts in the butterfly!

MoeWest said...

Nice pincushion! I like working with wool too.

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing! Cute projects.

Michelle said...

Such cute projects, love the pincushion!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Sweet hearts!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I too really like your porjects. :)