Thursday, August 11, 2016

AQS Show in Grand Rapids

I went up to Grand Rapids to the AQS Show yesterday and was happy to see it well attended.  After all the posts lately about the dire state of the industry and the issues with AQS deciding to no longer publish books...well, I wondered...

I went with my friends Marie and Beth Ann and had a very nice time indeed.
 I was in a wool mood - must have been the fact that it was in the 90's again yesterday, I don't know.  I was, as always, impressed by the Primitive Gatherings booth and a good portion of my purchases came from there.
 I didn't take many pictures -but, oh my!!  this quilt...wow!!
I left the lady's hands taking pictures next to me in this shot so you could better appreciate THE SCALE!!  Just wow!

There was also a beautiful Lion King Challenge and a grouping of Patriotic / War quilts curated by Sue Reich that were wonderful to see.

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely purchases. Wow that quilt is stunning and tiny piecing. Yikes!

Little Quiltsong said...

Oh wow is right when seeing this quilt. Wonder on the hours spent to put it together. Enjoy your purchases!

Aunt 'Reen said...

I really love that stunning quilt - Incredible!
Looks like you found some wonderful goodies to take home.

Linda said...

Fabulous quilt! I'm so envious of your trip to Grand Rapids. Sounds like you had a good time!