Thursday, February 11, 2016

Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album - Star in the East block

I am a bit behind on these but I am taking my time because they are so much fun to stitch!  
I am sewing along with the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Quilt project - the pattern is provided by the Virginia Quilt Museum and all pattern sales benefit the museum. Dawn, from Collector with a Needle, and Doreen, from Aunt Reen’s Place, are hosting a quiltalong for this quilt, here.
The pattern size as provided by the museum easily makes 9 inch blocks. I am doing mine in wool so that I can make that size, many are enlarging the pattern and all the participant's resulting blocks are worth a look...so pretty!

 Here is my version of Star in the East.
 
 The Aurifil wool 12wt just melts into the applique!!
Here are all my blocks so far...

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh....those are gorgeous.

Patty said...

So pretty. I love the Irises!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Another Gorgeous block Kris!
They all look beautiful lined up together.

I will have to try that Aurifil wool thread on the Let it Snow blocks.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Such a pretty block.

Dawn said...

Wow!! Beautiful blocks. Stunning all grouped together. This will be a very special quilt.