Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Still Playing with Little Wool Baskets


So I think I like where this is headed :)   

I am using a free basket pattern from Sentimental Stitches.  I believe it can be found in the Members Only tab as I received it in a newsletter.  It lends itself quite well to wool applique.

I am prepping a few of these to take along as a handwork project as soccer season begins today with practice.

I think I will fill these baskets with a few of my favorite things as I started with the spools of thread.  I have a few ideas of what will be inside but I think I will just see where it takes me :)

The weather here is finally hot and July-ish now that we are nearing the end of July.  I wonder what August will be like?

5 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's so hot here at the mission in south Louisiana where I'm working for a few weeks that it's even too hot to walk at 5:30 in the morning! I love, love wool but couldn't bear the thought of working on it right now. That's a winter thing for me. :) blessings, marlene

Needled Mom said...

Those wee baskets are just precious.

Patty said...

What a great idea to kit them up so you've stuff at the ready! It will be fun to see your favorite things.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute baskets. Great idea to get them ready so you have some hand work while waiting at practice, or games.

Carol Swift said...

Great idea to have something to stitch with during the soccer games. Those days of sitting at games and dance practices are pretty much over for me except when I go to the boys volleyball games once in a while. I love the idea of stuffing the baskets with your favorite things. Dr. Who and maybe a little chocolate, too?