Saturday, April 26, 2014

We interrupt Spring Cleaning for a New Toy

So how many of you can relate to the following...

Me: I need another sewing machine, I want one to run when the power is out...maybe a Crank Singer?  Hmmm...3/4 size... it won't take up much space...I have visions of a 99 model, I think...

Husband: How many machines do you have now?

So I don't think I have so many when I compare notes with friends but yes, I have 5 counting a Serger and a smallish portable Kenmore that I take to classes. 

And the machines I have seen for sale so far come with higher price tags then I've wanted to spend so I have just been biding my time...

Then, the husband visits a moving sale at a neighbors last night and brings home this with a victorious smile...

And so I crooned to my new 1956 Kenmore...no, sweetie...we will not let the bad man try to turn you into a cranky...

I have a "project car" that is a 1949 Mercury...it is far from driveable...but I hope someday to have the time and $ to finish it.  This sewing machine's styling reminds me of my lead sled.

Anyone know anything about these...no manual but it seems to run quiet, I will have to ask the owners about it's provenance tomorrow at church...

9 comments:

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Looks like a beauty! Did it come with the table/cabinet too?

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a sweet DH!!! This is so cute. I've never seen a blue machine, but I have seen a 1949 Mercury.....grin. Enjoy both!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful machine! I love the color. -Brittany

Carol Swift said...

The color on it is so beautiful...very cool machine! I love new (or old) toys!

Tinliz said...

Love the cabinet. I had a mid-sixties a Kenmore that had cams for decorative stitches. Made a lot of cloths for my kids and myself. My cabinet wasn't nearly as nice as yours, but it sure beat a portable setting on a table. There are times when I wish I still had it.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I want a hand crank machine! This one is gorgeous, by the way. But I want a hand crank one - anyone have recommendations? blessings, marlene

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

That is so sweet!! He not only remembered but acted on it too! What a beautiful machine and I LOVE the color!! Have fun!

-Soma

Linda said...

She is a beauty! Did you find out more about her?

Tamie said...

What a pretty machine. I'm visiting from Sew and Sow Farm.