Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Poppy block



 So, I finally have made it back to the GTSB quilt and the next block up was the "Poppie block" (Poppy?)...I chose to do this using freezer paper piecing and needle turn applique and was happy to end up with a correctly sized 6 1/2" in block!  Yay! 

 Here are the blocks I have made so far along with some future fabric choices together on my design space.

And, here are some daffodil pictures I took this weekend from my flower beds to prove it is starting to look more like Spring around here...


 I am NOT going to mention the snow outside today as I am trying to ignore it...

6 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

LOVE that sweet Poppy block...it turned out fabulous!
Beautiful daffodils too.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute block. I have been searching through scraps for fabric to use. I am ready to finish up all the propeller blocks.

mennikelly said...

Beautiful block!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Too cute! Perfect block for pretending it's Spring....:)

Carol Swift said...

That quilt will be gorgeous...love the new block! Nice to see you have flowers after such a nasty winter.

StitchinByTheLake said...

This quilt is going to be stunning! blessings, marlene