Friday, March 21, 2014

A Fun Club and Learning a New Skill

So I joined this club to learn more about making softies...since I had so much fun with elephants last year...
 

Wendi at Shiny Happy World just started it this year so this was the first shipment that I received for February...

A kit to make a bunny rabbit...
I learned how to make sculpted toes...and work with a cuddle fleece material that really does feel like the stuff they use to make the stuffed things you buy at the store...very soft!!
Cutie-big feet...
 Cute rabbit face...pattern suggested whiskers but I liked him better without them...rebel, yes I am...I also placed the ears slightly different than the pattern just to give him a different look.

 Bunny bottom...

Squishy Bunny tail...

True confessions, though...the material sheds terrible as you work with it...and I was a bit stressed about that and had to vacuum me, the bunny and my workspace a couple of times through the process...
The finished "guy" doesn't shed though...Wendi has since suggested putting the cut pieces in the dryer to help with the shedding but I haven't tried that and the thought makes me a bit nervous...hmmmm....funny it bothers me, as my workspace is far from neat and tidy!!
Also- this material stretches a bit more than the fleece I've worked with from JoAnn's so I was glad this wasn't a fussy pattern with small pieces.  
All, in all...it went together quick and easy and I am happy to have learned a few new tricks :)  Thanks Wendi!

I was able to gift this bunny earlier this week to a special young niece, Nicole and she has named her "Zinnia"...yay!

Click this link at the top of this post if you want to join the club...you have until the end of this month to get in on the next shipment in April...





9 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sweet! You have a lucky niece!

Jeanie said...

Really cute.... I love those toes! I hate the mess too, but the end result is worth it!

Createology said...

Zinnia is just the cutest soft fluffy bunny. Her toes are adorable. I was buying some lovely brown Minky at the fabric store and just holding it I was so covered in brown fur I looked like a gorilla all over my hands and arms. We all were laughing...me mostly out of panic. I have yet to sew it! Creative Softie Bliss Dear...

StitchinByTheLake said...

How darling - love that face. :) blessings, marlene

Sparky said...

Bunny hopped into my heart...dahling fur...way to go Kris

Patty said...

This little guy is so very cute! Fantastic job! I am tempted, very tempted....

Mara said...

The little bunny is so cute, I love hearing about the fuzz, I am not a big fan of all of the little strings that come off when I am sewing, it's like where do they keep coming from, and like you I do not have the cleanest work space :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

ooooooooooooo Kris!! I am dying here!! Soooo cute!!!

-Soma :)

Linda said...

Zinnia is a cutie! The club looks like fun. I guess I did just the opposite of what you are doing. I started with garment and craft sewing before the quilting bug bit me.