Friday, September 27, 2013

A Fairy Princess...Elephant edition

So I fell in love with a pattern from Shiny Happy World recently posted...I am mostly a quilter but Wendi makes it sound do-able so I figured a fleece softie for my niece for Christmas was in order...

This was the trial one...
 Oh, mister elephant...I love you...but my 3 year old princess loving niece may not as she prefers PINK!!

So I made another in pink fleece!  Here are the two together...had to move mister's ear so you could see hand-holding...
 And here is Miss Pink twirling in her fairy princess tutu in the grass...I used this pattern for the tutu but, ahem...enlarged it and, um... shortened it for Miss Pink's more ample but short posterior...who says elephants can't be fairy princesses?
Now, here's my dilemma...after visiting said niece this last weekend...I have discovered that she is currently a large fan of a certain Disney princess mermaid...can you imagine this pachyderm with a finned tail? no?  me either...hopefully she will appreciate Miss Pink sans mermaid tail!

I highly recommend the patterns on the Shiny Happy World site, Wendi makes it very clear and easy to make a great softie...even for a novice at such things like me!  I had a lot of fun with this one!

11 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol Swift said...

I love it and I'm sure I need to make one. Really I do (and not just because you made one.) LOL

Linda said...

They are so cute Kris! Will your niece get both of them?

Patty said...

that it one cute softie. I've gotta make one!

mennikelly said...

Green tutu and a shell top? It looks fabulous Kris!

Sparky said...

Oh my word, i forgot what i wanted to say lol

Jeanie said...

She won't be able to resist Miss Pink..... she's just darling!

Tinliz said...

Your pachyderms are adorable.

Hi! I'm Wendi! said...

So Incredibly Cute! I love the addition of the tutu! :-)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh my goodness who wouldn't love this? I love, love her. :). Blessings. marlene

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh Kris! Those elephants are absolutely adorable and who needs to be a 3 year old to love them !!! I may have to have one for myself :) :) Thank you for sharing !!