Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Crickets and Houston

Hello...anyone there?  It's just me and the crickets as little sewing has been happening around here lately.  Yes, it has been awhile.  I don't really have anything much to share but I am trying to see if the comments on my blog are being sent to my email again.  So if you don't mind saying hi I would appreciate it :)  Waving to all my bloggy friends if any of you still remember me  :)






This is me and my SVBQ quilt this summer when I went to visit it at the Virginia Quilt Museum.  We weren't allowed to post pictures during the exhibit but this is a picture from their Facebook post and the exhibit is over now so I think it is ok. 

If anyone is headed to Houston Quilt Show  I would love it if you would take a picture of my quilt and tell me what you thought of the exhibit.  It is called Beyond the Valley and is truly a beautiful exhibit.  The original quilt is a stunner and all the quilters did a wonderful job with honoring it with their reproductions.  It is quite an honor that they chose to include my little quilt in the exhibit taken to Houston, I would never have thought I would have something hang there.

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Lisa England said...

I won't be in Houston, but it's cool that you will have a quilt on display!

Carla said...

Well deserved honor. Congratulations!! I won't be in Houston this year but wish I could.

Carol Swift said...

Hello, hello, hello...love that quilt!

Patty said...

Waving hi! Your quilt is stunning and it is no surprise that it will be in Houston! How very cool!

Granny Anne said...

Hello to you too. I never get replies to my comments so not sure this is working for me either.

Little Quiltsong said...

Congratulations on having your quilt hang at the Houston Festival. That is so special. So happy to see your smiling face and read another Blog post of yours. Big Wave - and Hug, back to you!

Linda said...

Hi dear friend! I am so happy for you to have a quilt in the Houston show. I have missed your blog.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Hi there! So happy to hear from you. It is easy to become quiet. What an honor to be included at market. I won't be there, so I hope you'll post a picture if someone sends one to you.

Jay said...

That quilt over your shoulder is beautiful. This is a technique I have yet to master, but I'm not trying very hard either!

Jeanna said...

Hi Kris! It is WONDERFUL to see a post from you. Your quilt is gorgeous and deserves to go to the Houston Quilt Show. Congratulations.

I've been out of touch lately and I'm trying to get caught up on my blog reading so this was a lovely surprise to see you. Hope all is well!

Hugs!

KaHolly said...

Waving from chilly Nova Scotia! Your quilt is gorgeous!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Waving hello with a cuppa tea for you and me.

Carol Swift said...

I just came back by to listen to the crickets. LOL Miss you! xo