Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Temperature Quilt A Long

I had admired the Temperature Quilts that Mary from Needledmom and her sister made last year...Check them out here, so interesting to see the differences in a quilt from California and Alaska!  Mary suggested a QAL this year and so I am IN!

Anyway, I have been wanting to play with a solids quilt and this seems like a fun thing to try...of course I am bending the rules already and am doing HST's instead of the  square in a square blocks they are doing.  I chose a 2 inch finished size and raided my stash for solids to create the temperature range.
 Most don't have labels...should be interesting if I run out of a certain shade!!  :)
This is the first 9 days of January here in northeast Indiana.  

As a sidenote, Fat Quarter Shop had a generous sale on a wool pressing pad and I am trying it out today.  You can see it above, I think I am a fan!

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Welcome to the temperature QAL. What pressing mat did you get? I got the mega one that is like a wool/fiber blend. Love it so far.

Linda said...

What a fun quilt! I'm still trying to decide if I want to jump in. I know I don't have that many solids in my stash.

Patty said...

Love the idea. I started recording temps last year but never did anything with them. And I was only going to do squares which is boring. I like what you are doing!

Jeanna said...

I labeled my fabric a lot like you have and have cut squares from each piece to get started. This is my first time participating in the sew-along, too. I like your half-square triangles. I'm doing the square-in-a-square block but using a paper-piecing method. It will be fun to see the variations in all the quilts.

Carol Swift said...

Mary's temperature quilt turned out so beautiful and I love seeing the start of this new one. I'm not sure I could keep up, but I'm sure you will!

Unknown said...

Love your start to this quilt and also the solids you've chosen for your hst blocks.

KaHolly said...

With our whacky weather this year, should make an interesting quilt!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Ooh your fabrics are beautiful and do look like temperature gauges. Good luck with the project. Thanks for the tip about the pressing mat.