Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A bit of Sewing

I have been trying to shoehorn a bit of sewing in among my other chores this month but don't have a lot to show for it!

My friend Patty's qal (Elm Street Quilts Repeat QAL) has been going well and I was itching to stitch some letters...I paper pieced these cute lil guys in about an hour including time to choose fabrics and I am now halfway to "quilt"...

I am planning a mini quilt with just that word and my fave of all - a churndash block.  I am using a favorite Sweetwater texty print for the background and a fun gold I used in my son's Doctor Who quilt..oh such memories!!!   I am liking the look so far.  You can use the link above or the one on my sidebar to visit Patty and join in on the fun :)

In other qal news, I couldn't resist joining in on Primitive Gathering's newest Summer Block of the Week wool on flannel quilt and this was the first week's assignment...cute, cute!!
 Lots of little extra hand-embroidered touches...
 This is week 2...
 
I deviated a bit from the pattern on this one...
 This is the freebie from week one, such a cute little 6 inch block!!
I believe you can still get in on this one here if you want to.

 

7 comments:

Little Quiltsong said...

Beautiful blocks. Love all the intricate blocks in your wool on flannel quilt!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute blocks. Love your letters.

Carol S. said...

The crow and the watermelon...cute, cute! Your letters are looking good!

Patty D from NC said...

every thing looks so good! Glad you are back to creating again - I enjoy seeing all your projects!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your PP'd letters look great!
What an adorable wool/flannel sew along project.
All of your blocks are super sweet!

Needled Mom said...

I love the fabrics you are using for your letter blocks. Your other blocks look terrific too.

Soma @ whimsandfancies.com said...

Love that delicious yellow fabric you are using for the letters, and the background fabric is absolutely perfect!!! I always swoon over your wool appliqué. You know I specially love the music notes block. Good to see you creating again :)

-Soma