Thursday, January 14, 2016

Happy Mail and Winter Walking

A couple of days ago I received the most wonderful package from my friend Soma...she spoiled me so much with the most beautiful and soft mitts.  I wasn't able to get a good picture of their color - they just radiate warmth!

She also included a fantastic new volume for my son to add to his Doctor Who collection. 

Such perfect timing as we had a small winter storm the very next day which cancelled school and gave us a very pretty white covering of snow.

What could be better than The Doctor and Fairy Tales.  Evan was chuckling into the night with this one and finished it during his snow day the next day...I believe he enjoyed it :)  Now I just need to find where he hid it so I can read it too!

Thank you so much Soma, we absolutely adore our gifts!!


This is Sam, my lab-shepherd mix...he is a big fan of morning walks...so once the snow quit falling out we went.

When it's cold and snowy I am a little less of a fan of walks, I am more of a summer girl...but it is beautiful.
 I have been warm and cozy in my new mitts and he enjoys the warmth of his thick winter coat...
 Lots of great smells just under the snow to keep him moving...
 Once in awhile he needs to investigate more thoroughly...

Have a great day!


6 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm still watching Dr Who! too. I didn't think about reading the books. Yep, I need one more thing to keep me from housework....giggle. Lovely gloves.

Needled Mom said...

I'll bet those warm mitts were a welcomed addition on that chilly walk. Beautiful too!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such beautiful mitts and a very thoughtful gift!

Patty said...

The snow looks so pretty! Hopefully it doesn't last though! Lovely mitts - you've got a nice friend.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I am so happy that the two of you liked the book and the mitts so much! I love the photos of them on snow. Haha! I can identify with Sam very much since I was walking in the snow just last weekend. If I lived closer, I would have taken him for walks happily :)

-Soma

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

You survived the snow day? We played outside in the snow this past weekend too. Very pretty hand covers. The patterns is gorgeous.