Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Making Time for a Special Quilt

So, I have many projects in the works but decided to take the afternoon to finish a UFO in a special way for a special little boy I will probably never meet...and I am very glad I did :)

 This quilt was made using a UFO project I had left unfinished so long ago that I had forgotten that I had the template for the small twister.  My quilt group was looking for one and I was sure that I didn't have it...this "evidence" of a top says otherwise, lol!  Still don't know exactly where to look for the template though!!
I used a football print to border it and some coordinating football players for the back...and...voila!  A baby quilt for a sweet one year old in a family our church is sponsoring for Christmas this year.  I spent a few hours praying for this sweet young guy and his family to be richly blessed as I finished this quilt.  Hopefully this quilt will bring him warmth and a smile :)
 Still waiting for more color from the trees around our property...

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute top and what a great gift. I love the colors and the footballs. We have a lot more color than you and we are just a little north of the Ohio border (30 miles)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your twister quilt and I'm sure he will too. Lovely trees Kris. Our leaves are falling here, but the colors haven't changed to much other than brown so far. About every 3 to 5 years, we get great color....maybe this will be the year...:)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

It's a wonderful quilt and I know the little one will enjoy it. So sweet. :)

Carol Swift said...

What a sweet quilt to pass on to a little boy in need. I'm sure he will love it! The trees are just gorgeous...wow!

Jeanie said...

Your quilt is absolutely going to bring a smile to all who see it! What a lovely gesture!

Tinliz said...

Isn't it amazing how UFO's pop back up in our lives just when we need them? I had two find special homes this year.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful quilt, Kris!! It is so special, he will love it. The tress looks so pretty in your photo. We have some colours already, I am hoping for more :)

-Soma

Carrie P. said...

That is a wonderful quilt. I do like the twister design a lot. I am sure the little guy and his family are filling your prayers.