Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November Block For Hello Sun QAL Done

Another fun block from April for the Hello Sun QAL, I took a little liberty with the owl feet but followed her pattern pretty closely this time.  You can find it here.

Had a close call yesterday with 3 friends with a deer collision.  Thankfully, my friend kept a clear head and was able to stay on the road.  Her hood popped up and made a barrier between us and the deer and it did not go through the windshield.  All four of us are well, with no injuries and we feel very blessed.  Unfortunately, it killed the deer and heavily damaged the car.  Makes me feel especially appreciative of all my many blessings, God is good.  Thank you for reading along and sharing this quilting journey.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your "Hello Sun" block, especially the little owl. I have to get going on mine. Can't wait to see she puts it all together?

Anonymous said...

That is just adorable... thanks for the link.

Thankful, too, only the car was damaged, albeit heavily, and everyone is safe after that close encounter with the deer. We are just home from MO and saw soooo many casualties of the deer kind along the road. Made me soooo very sad. What really surprised me was seeing them grazing and running along in fields "during the day." Very few trees to hide in throughout OK, NM, and west TX.

WoolenSails said...

Your Hello Sun block is so cute, love that one. I am glad to hear you are ok, that is scary and you never know when a deer is going to dart into the road.

Debbie

Barb Neiwert said...

Kris - so glad to hear that you are all okay. Elk are mostly problems in our area, and they can cause major damage. Sounds like the hood flipping up was a good thing! Your little block puts a good smile on my face, btw.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Kris that is so scary - deer are a problem in our area too and yesterday a man and his wife were killed when a car in the other lane hit one, it bounced and went through their car windshield. Two children in the backseat were injured. I'm so glad you're okay. Thanks for posting this block - it's darling and I had not seen her patterns before. blessings, marlene