Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bee Blocks and my April Craftsy BOM block done


 It has been really windy here the last few days so bear with me that the picture isn't great of these but below are my blocks for April for Lisa for the Sew.Bee.Create Bee.  She asked for Union Stars and was kind enough to provide the material pre-cut.  This actually worked a bit against me in that I've grown rusty at sewing triangles together and have worked more with sewing them as squares to be cut apart and then trimmed up.  Hopefully they are acceptable to her...I wish all the points had matched up better!

And, this is my April Craftsy BOM hexie block...I know, I know...we are supposed to make two but I wasn't all that impressed with the looks of these so I think I may add another block of my own design later.  I used the machine to top-stitch these down.  The technique was easy, I just think I would prefer hexies all stitched together on their own rather than appliqued onto a background.  It would be a good portable project if I wasn't already doing embroidery projects as my portable go-to right now. 
So, I'll trim her up once I decide for sure she'll be included!

Be sure to visit these wonderful ladies, only two more days for our Table Topper Blog Hop hosted by Madame Samm...

Tuesday  April 24th

Syd 

Wednesday April 25th 


Shanna joining us this day..
Betsy

No comments: